The position has overall responsibility for the implementation of the Festival’s overall branding & marketing strategy as defined by the festival management. The successful candidate will be more than competent in developing the communications plan for the forthcoming festival. He/She will be particularly strong in managing the digital marketing aspects:
- Planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising
- Maintaining our social media presence across all digital channels
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Identifying trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
Within the festival, the position manages the Design/Communications/P.R. functions. Outside the festival, the position collaborates and communicates with outside agencies and the media. The position reports to the Festival Manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- With experience and proven record of success in all aspects of digital marketing from execution to monitoring of results
- Good and creative writing skills in English
- Proven administrative and organizational skills with ability to implement and control scheduling and budgets
- Keen attention to detail and achievement of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cohesive team for achievement
- Strong office skills including Word and Excel; design skills will be an advantage
- Festival or related event experience is desirable for this position
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
MEDIA RELATIONS ASSISTANT
This position works as part of the festival marketing team and will assist the Marcoms Manager in the overall media relations activities for the festival and will include:
- Writing first drafts of external media communications (including press releases, speeches, social media posts), perform general proofreading and coordinating associated approvals processes
- Maintaining media contact database for communicating key messages to the media
- Co-ordinating/Organising all public relations activities i.e. press conferences and press interviews
- Supporting and facilitating print and broadcast media interviews for the festival director, including preparing briefing documents
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals, and other organisations
- Researching, writing, distributing press releases to targeted media
- Collating and analysing media coverage
- Developing media relations strategy to seek high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media
- Monitoring publicity and conduct research to find out concerns and expectations of festival’s stakeholders
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least one year's experience in media or communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- An ability to work in a time-pressured, deadline driven environment
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational and administrative skills
- An ability to manage several projects simultaneously and plan ahead
This position has responsibility for the implementation of the festival’s overall branding & visual, also work as part of the festival marketing team and developing design briefs that suit the festival’s purpose, he/she will be particularly strong in:
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Handle all design activities from conceptualization to production for marketing materials like product brochures, e-newsletter, posters, advertisements, event on-site branding, online collaterals, etc.
- Liaising with external printers and installers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and the material is printed to the highest quality.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Creative thinker. Able to generate solutions through creative means.
- Able to master Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-design and other design related software.
- An ability to manage several design projects simultaneously and plan ahead.
- An ability to work in a time-pressured, deadline driven environment.
Hi - welcome to our page!
We begin our exciting journey, planning for the 2018 George Town Festival and we have vacancies within our marketing department. That means we are hiring and if you are looking to be a part of our annual festival, do write to us as soon as you can if you are interested in any of 3 positions currently available:
Media Relations Assistant